Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema (8 January 1836 – 25 June 1912) was a Dutch painter of special British denizenship.
Born in Dronrijp, the Netherlands, and trained at the Royal Academy of Antwerp, Belgium, he settled in England in 1870 and spent the rest of his life there. A classical-subject painter, he became famous for his depictions of the luxury and decadence of the Roman Empire, with languorous figures set in fabulous marbled interiors or against a backdrop of dazzling blue Mediterranean Sea and sky.
Though admired during his lifetime for his draftsmanship and depictions of Classical antiquity, his work fell into disrepute after his death, and only since the 1960s has it been re-evaluated for its importance within nineteenth-century English art.
For my most popular style infogaphics go here:
- Fashion Pattern Vocabulary Part 1 Infographic.
- Fashion Pattern Vocabulary Part 2 Infographic.
- Know Your Sunglasses Infographic.
- Know Your Shoes Part 1 Infographic. Lobster Claws anyone?
- Know Your Shoes Part 2 Infographic.
- Know Your Necklines Infographic from Paper Blog.
- Know Your Hats Infographic.
- Know Your Collars and Cuffs Infographic.
- Know Your Necklines Infographic.
- Know Your Skirts Infographic.
- Know Your Nail Shapes and What’s Popular on Instagram Infographics.
- Know Your Eye Liners Infographic.